Translate (翻译)(Traducir)(翻訳する)(übersetzen)( ترجم)(переводить)

⑧Alcohol can’t make you drunk but the people can @ PHI Bar

Have to confess that I am not a bar goer. This experience is absolutely an accident. But maybe life is a consequence of a series of accident, so I might as well take it easy and ruminate it lightheartedly.


PHI bar, also called Panther Hollow Inn, is a hideout for many Heinz/CMU students when they want to be rebellious, meaning release the tension from Management Science I & II, database management, and never-ending team projects, and etc. To be happy or not to be, it’s a question. Heinzers said “To be happy”. So off they went to PHI bar. I am a more organized person than spontaneous. But once every a while, I release the little wild horse in my spirits to let it run thousand miles. That’s when +Rachel Szewczyk grabbed me to the PHI bar with Jie and Alison.


They all had beer and I had whiskey. Not remember much after that. The fried Zucchini and french fries were really good. The atmosphere was conversation friendly.


Rumor says the PHI bar would be closed in a year or so. Maybe I would soon be glad that I went there by accident after all.


Beer winning trivia @ PHI Bar

1.  Even brainiacs need a bar they can call their own. At Carnegie Mellon University, the Panther Hollow Inn has served that purpose. So when the rumor about the closure of this bar spreads, CMU brainiacs petitioned with great enthusiasm. The owner of the PHI Bar, DePasquale of McCandless said, “Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated, and I am now swimming in a lot of emotions.”

2. DePasquale is the son of the late former Pittsburgh City Council President Eugene “Jeep” DePasquale and uncle of Pennsylvania Auditor General Eugene DePasquale. The PHI has been in the DePasquale family for 40 years, and Eugene DePasquale (the one who isn't the former city council president or current state auditor general) said he has owned the bar for the past two decades. Unfortunately he doesn’t own the building housing it


Your ID @ PHI Bar

Who owns the building that PHI bar is housed?

No comments:

Post a Comment